Avalon Heroes download for free
Avalon Heroes, or Avalon Online, which it is better known by in parts of Asia, is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) action video game developed by WeMade Entertainment and published by alaplaya for the Microsoft Windows platform, and was originally released for PC on February 10, 2010. Avalon Heroes became no longer playable on the 8th of February 2013. The reason given by WeMade Entertainment and Alaplaya was a considerable lack of players on Avalon Heroes servers. This game is no longer playable.
Made during the MOBA revolution
Avalon Heroes is one of the games that is heavily based on the popular custom-made mod map Defense of the Ancients (DotA) from the expansion The Frozen Throne from the classic and highly-revered Multiplayer Online Battle Arena game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. The DotA mod was so popular it has spawned several similarly-designed games (Avalon Heroes being one of them), and has its own standalone sequel called Dota 2, which is licensed by Valve and is one of the most played games of all time. Because of this, Avalon Heroes plays and functions similar to today’s more popular games like League of Legends and Realm of the Titans. Avalon Heroes is a free-to-play game (FTP) using the FTP model, meaning that players don’t have to invest money to the game, and developers get money from micro-transactions like character skins.
Orens and Aeonia
In Avalon Heroes, there are “Heroes” categorized into two different factions called “Oriens” and “Aeonia”. The roster gallery for the character selection features over a hundred Heroes, each with their individually unique skill sets that can be mastered. The variety in characters makes sure that there is every kind of play-style imaginable available to the player. This means that whether a player like to sneak up like an assassin or support their team members like a healer, there is a spot in this game for every gamer out there.
Five game modes
There are five game modes available for the characters to choose from, the first of which is the Battle Mode.
- In Battle Mode, players join a faction alongside other players and play to defeat enemy faction with live players using team-work and strategy.
- The next mode is called the Arena Mode, and in this mode players play in a single-player mode where they are on their own against the Legendary Mob.
- Similarly in the Adventure Mode, players are allowed to team up with up to 7 of their friends in a conquest to defeat enemy AI bosses which are spawned by the game itself periodically.
- Next up is the Plaza mode, which is not actually a gaming mode, but serves as a lobby for players to spend time on and relax. In this mode, players can just chat with their friends, create a guild, join one, and improve and upgrade their weapons and equipment.
- But perhaps the most famous of the modes is the last Scenario mode, which is very unique to a MOBA. This mode plays out like a story-mode campaign, where players uncover the mysteries and lore behind the factions of the game, all the while collecting all the Heroes from both sides and “becoming a master strategist”.
Unfortunately, Avalon Heroes, despite having great potential, was shut down on February 8, 2013 as a result of a lack of player base, increased operative costs and general limited online activity. The download page for the game now redirects to https://www.aeriagames.com/.
|WeMade Entertainment, alaplaya|
|Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|