Microsoft Office 2016 download for free
Microsoft Office 2016 also referred to as Office 2016 is a Microsoft Office suite, succeeding Office 2011 for both Mac and Windows. Subscribers of Office 365, received the Office 2016 update for Windows in September 2015, while the Mac users got this update in July 2016. The product will witness an end to mainstream support in October 2020, and any further support will stop in October 2025. This version is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 2008 Server R2, Windows 2012 Server R2, and Windows Server 2016, making it the last version to support these operating systems as Office 2019 only supports Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10.
Features of Microsoft Office 2016
- Addition of a new search ability for Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook, it now relies on “Tell Me” option to search and “Send As” option to send the document.
- Office Online helps in connecting with other users and co-authoring your work online.
- The release also has an edit, save, and create option, to communicate with the Office cloud service. A new feature of this software is the use of vector format, known as SVG for the first time by any Office software.
- To install the Office 2016 edition, you need to uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 from the PC as it has conflict working with Microsoft Office 2013 apps, and the installer prompts the end-user to remove Office 2013 before completing the installation. Office 2016 has no problem working with other versions of Microsoft Office such as 2003, 2007 or 2010.
- The updated program can now support retina display.
- It also has a new user interface comprising ribbons for improved user experience.
- Besides the use of the primary email feature, it limits support for synchronization of collaboration services for Mac in Outlook 2016.
- This update has also transitioned this software from 32 bit to 64 bit by default and users experiencing problems with the 64-bit software need to download the 32-bit version, an update available from the website of Microsoft Office.
- Addition of touch bar support since February 2016, after the launch of the Probook Pro model, has improved the compatibility of Office 2016 with Macs.
Microsoft Office 2016 Editions
All the editions of Microsoft Office always include PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and OneNote, which are considered “core products”, and are licensed for use on a single PC. Office 2016 has five editions for Windows. These are:
- Home and Student–Only core applications are available in this retail suite.
- Home and Business–Availability of Outlook and core applications for business.
- Standard–This suite contains the core applications, as well as Outlook and Publisher
- Professional–Publisher, Access, Outlook, and all the core applications are available to use in this plan. The offline installation also requires the Windows Installer to be present.
- Professional Plus–It uses Click to Run option for online installation and comprises Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype for Business and the core applications. This suite is available for volume purchases only.
Office 2016 has three editions for Mac. These are:
- Home and Student–Only core applications are present in this suite.
- Home and Business–Contains only the core applications and Outlook in this retail suite.
- Standard–It is only available volume purchase. This package comprises all the software’s ranging from Access, Outlook, Publisher, and Skype for Business with the core applications accompanied by an online installer.
|Free to try|
|Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|