VisualBoyAdvance download for free
VisualBoyAdvance is a freeware emulator written in C and C++. It allows Windows, Linux, and Mac users to play games created for Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and Game Boy Color on their PCs. The Windows version is based on the Microsoft Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), called Microsoft DirectX.
This innovative project was initiated by an unknown, anonymous user simply known as “Forgotten”. However, “Forgotten” had to abandon the project and it was handed over to his brother, who led a team called “VBA Team”. This final version was released in 2004 (v1.8.0 beta 3) although new developers have edited their own code to make their own versions of the software since.
Main features of VisualBoyAdvance
- Allows you to save games as normal
- You can import or export your game saves to and from other emulators
- VisualBoyAdvance allows you to use joysticks, printers, and game controllers, as well as printer emulator
- The software includes various debugging tools including loggers and an editor
- Allows you to record you screen while playing the game
- Allows you to record the game audio in WAV and MP3 formats
- Allows different UI skins to be applied to the emulator, which can be user-made
- Allows you to play Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance ROMs on your PC or other device
- Allows you to play in full screen
Reporting Crash Bugs
This emulator comes with a feature that allows users to report if the emulator crashes. It is very useful, because this way, developers can constantly improve the emulator.
|Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|